Project: PS & STBD Exhaust Spool Replacements
Project Overview: Remove PS & STBD exhaust spools, fabricate and install with new.
Project Length: 4 weeks (per exhaust)
Project Location: Savannah Yacht Center (SYC)
- Temporary removal of existing GRE spools, butterfly valves, mufflers and bellows.
- Remove corroded DN500 sch #80 spool.
- Cutting and preparation (bevelling) in workshop, then load to boat.
- All fabrication and welding completed on board.
- All welds were completed with spool in position.
- DNV surveyor attended SYC to review fit up and post completion.
- Both visits were approved and review of quality pack documentation was accepted also (WPQ, WPQR, material certification, NDT test results, etc).
- Testing requirements;
- 100% NDT – Radiography (RT) & Phased Array (UT).
- Re-installation of GRE spools, butterfly valves, mufflers and bellows.