Island Princess refit
Trieste, Italy: brand new scrubber unit installed, including:
- All electrical components & works
- All pumps
- All filters
- All valves
- All pipework components, fabrication & works (200m of GRE)
High Fog Fire Fighting system installed in the machinery space. Works included Lloyd’s approved pressure testing & bulkhead penetrations.
Pacific Dawn refit, Australia
Atlantic Pacific Marine completed a refit of the Pacific Dawn in Australia in January. The project was finished in 12 days, and works included:
- renewing 60m of HVAC ducting for the main air intake supplying the cabins
- steam pipes and valves changed and overhauled on the boiler system
- fitting 2 new ballast pumps, including fabricating the new bed plates
- HG pumps and various pipework renewals
- HFO fuel tank repairs (clean-up; wastage cut-out; new 1m x 500ml steel plate prepped and welded-in)
- fuel line repairs
- bridge modifications (new cable runs installed; new bases fabricated and welded-in for the new radar system)
- supply and fitting of new laundry heater
- steel work (deck inserts) repairs on deck 14
Aurora refit, Hamburg
Atlantic Pacific Marine’s team of 60 engineers completed a refit of the Aurora whist she was dry-docked in Hamburg in December – 5 days ahead of schedule. Works included renewing the fresh water system and pipework throughout the vessel – the majority of which was GF.
Bow strengthening on the Star Princess
Following bow damage caused by bad weather, our team of 12 men undertook a full survey, submitted drawings for Lloyd’s approval, and completed repairs using 60 tonnes of steel. The project took 3 months.
VGD Compressor upgrade project
As part of a fleet-wide fuel-saving project for Princess Cruises, we removed an existing AC Compressor and replaced it with the latest model, which weighed in at 3 tonnes. We worked alongside Johnston Controls International (JCI) who were the main contractor. We assisted JCI with the heavy lifting and rigging; suspending a 5 tonne motor whilst they modified steelwork and pipework.